YOUR-AD-HERE
HOSTING
TOOLS

Locked Hash - - Cracker

itsMe

Hash - - Cracker

This tool applies a brute force method against various types of hashes to try and crack them. Currently, the supported hashes are:

1.     MD5
  2.     MD4
  3.     LM
  4.     NTLM
  5.     SHA1
  6.     SHA224
  7.     SHA256
  8.     SHA384
  9.     SHA512

Download:

This is the hidden content, please

It tries to be more efficient by parallelizing the work performed on different character sets. For example, if the character set abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ is selected then one worker will work with abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz, another worker will work with ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, and the last worker will work with abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Requirements

• Python 3
  • Performance

While this tool does what it's supposed to, it has some major downfalls. For starters, it's using Python. I'm not saying Python is a bad language or anything like that. The issue is Python's GIL which prevents multiple threads from executing Python's bytecode at the same time. This means that I am unable to achieve parallelism with threads since only one character set would be worked on at a time. What needs to be done instead is splitting the work up across multiple processes and share data across those processes. This is less efficient than working with threads in general but is a necessary evil with Python.
Recommendations

Due to the performance explanations above I would not recommend using Python for these kinds of tools. You could consider this project an example of how to accomplish such a task using Python and an example of what kinds of issues you'd run into. Sure, the tool is certainly usable and works as it should, but if you are serious about building these kinds of tools I would look at using C, C++, Rust, or Go. Actually, I take that back. If you want an industry-competitive tool don't bother targeting the CPU. Instead use C/C++ that will run on GPUs and utilize CUDA, OpenCL, or ACL.