YOUR-AD-HERE
HOSTING
TOOLS

Locked vb6 persistence

MasterVb6

Question

6 answers to this question

Re: vb6 persistence

You can launch in memory some exe (as byte array) (call it monitor) and pass as parameters the PID of the main process you want to persist. Then, the monitor process will be checking (in a loop) if the PID passed as parameter still active, otherwise, you can start it again. In that way you'll assure that the main process will "revive" after user closes it.

In the same way, you can do that in reverse (monitoring the monitor with the main process) in order to have a bidirectional persistence.

The persistence with ZwSetInformationProcess (as top10 says) doesn't work anymore, so... you can check if the Windows version of the "compromised" computer is below Windows 7, in such case you can do the ZwSetInformationProcess thing, otherwise you'll need to do the "monitor" thing.

Regards.

Re: vb6 persistence

Yes i am trying to do the persistence with a infinite do loop in another process that restart the principal process to keep the persistance,i am trying to do with mutex but is hard,if i get to work i will share the code,regards.