YOUR-AD-HERE
HOSTING
TOOLS

Locked Hack / HHVM

sQuo

This is the hidden content, please

What is Hack?

Click here to read the official Hack announcement

Hack is a programming language for HHVM that interoperates seamlessly with PHP. Hack reconciles the fast development cycle of PHP with the discipline provided by static typing, while adding many features commonly found in other modern programming languages.

Hack provides instantaneous type checking via a local server that watches the filesystem. It typically runs in less than 200 milliseconds, making it easy to integrate into your development workflow without introducing a noticeable delay.

The following are some of the important language features of Hack. For more information, see the full documentation, or follow through the quick interactive tutorial.

class MyClass {
public function alpha(): int {
return 1;
}

public function beta(): string {
return 'hi test';
}
}

function f(MyClass $my_inst): string {
// Fix me!
return $my_inst->alpha();
}

Moving fast with high performance Hack and PHP

What is HHVM?

HHVM is an open-source virtual machine designed for executing programs written in Hack and PHP. HHVM uses a just-in-time (JIT) compilation approach to achieve superior performance while maintaining the development flexibility that PHP provides.

HHVM runs much of the world’s existing PHP. Developers and hosts are adopting HHVM. We are aware of minor incompatibilities (please open issues when you find them), but we can run the top 20 Github PHP frameworks out of the box. The HHVM team, along with many wonderful community members, has made it a stated, high priority goal to run all existing PHP code existing out in the wild.