YOUR-AD-HERE
HOSTING
TOOLS
992Proxy

Locked Bitcoin: an additional 25+ Mhash/s free on Windows Azure

Wezt

This is the hidden content, please

There's a great service Windows Azure from Microsoft. In short, we are given the opportunity to use a remote virtual machine with 20 cores for different server solutions, calculations, etc.

1. Let's begin!

1) Go to Windows Azure, click on the "Free Trial", register the trial version.

2) Next, go to the

, in the section "Virtual Machines".

3) Click on the "Create" at the bottom of the screen.

4) Fill in the details:

• DNS-name: it is necessary to connect to a remote desktop.
  • The image: I usually choose Windows Server 2012, but perhaps on a Linux machine will be faster.
  • Size: to select the first two cars to 8 cores, for the third - 4 cores (since the restriction to 20 cores for a free account).
  • Password: will need to connect to a remote desktop. I have not found where after creating the virtual machine, you will glimpse it again, be careful!

The virtual machine runs 10 minutes!

2. Connecting to a Remote Desktop

1) Install

from Microsoft. There are versions for Windows, Mac. The pro version for Linux does not know, but in fact if you have installed Linux, you You are able to find a way to connect to the RDC, right? ;)

Select the desired virtual machine from the list and click on "Connect". Download file format *. Rdp - with his help we will connect to a remote desktop.

2) Open the downloaded file to a virtual machine. I've got three already, so I downloaded the files for all three virtual machines.

3) In the «Password» enter the password that was used when creating the virtual machine. Field «Domain» can be left blank. You can save the password.

4) You will need to wait a bit until the service starts RDC. If you have a black screen - you just have to wait a bit. Perhaps, RDC rugnetsya for connection security. Can be ignored.

Launched our server on Windows Azure!

3. Check in at the public pool

Create two additional worker `s for two additional virtual machines (remember, we in fact 8 + 8 + 4?).

4. Put the software!

Plain RPCMiner (

). Create a new folder «New Folder». All contents (not the folder itself) to move the downloaded archive in the «New Folder» so that «rpcminer-cpu.exe» was in the folder «New Folder».

Open notepad and put this in it:

Where %username% - this user will one of your workers for a public pool, and% password% - this is the appropriate worker `s password. You can add your arguments to RPSMiner, I did not bother much. All 8 cores are used by default.

Save the text document as «miner.bat» on the desktop. It should look like the image below.

Install all the software you need to use a virtual machine.

5. Let's start mining!