TOOLS

Locked Kwort 3.5

sQuo

This is the hidden content, please

Download

Kwort is a modern and fast Linux distribution that combines powerful and useful applications in order to create a simple system for advanced users who finds a strong and effective desktop. Kwort is based on CRUX, so it’s robust, clean and easy to extend.

Finally Kwort 3.5 as arrived. We have been testing this release for a month and it was needed just one public release candidate to get a known bugs free system. Those who installed rc1 can upgrade to the final version with kpkg. In this version release our system got a complete update, from the toolchain to the latest X11 application. And something really important… This might be the last i686 version, as we are planning in moving to x86_64 in our next release. We are rolling this release with Linux 3.5.4, the latest stable version of Chromium (Firefox is available in the iso in more/xapps). The latest LibreOffice is also available in the iso (more/xapps) for you to install with kpkg.

Most noticeable changes are in the installer and kpkg, as both got a speed up (my personal thanks to Andreas Schipplock for all these improvements), and also I gave kpkg the ability to upgrade a single package or the whole system plus fixed some bugs. Ext4 has now become the default filesystem. Also our new images are processed with isohybrid which make it suitable for burning on a CD or putting on a USB drive.

As always, the system remains light and clean as Kwort users like it.

I really encourage you all to join Kwort’s mailing list to ask questions, request features, make suggestions or help other users:http://groups.google.com/group/kwort-linux

You can also jump in our IRC channel to talk about anything you want and stay in touch with the people behind Kwort: irc://irc.oftc.net/Kwort

Credit: nomius