YOUR-AD-HERE
HOSTING
TOOLS

Locked working for someone else sucks

Norbazol

i just arrived here but i figured this would hopefully make someone laugh

so i recently took a job for a friend as a favor
the job wasnt cybersecurity related but security related nonetheless. it involved checking software on a computer that calculated: how many people passed through a set of doors, at what time, and how much time it took them to leave. this was for their analytical data and also so we knew how many people were inside at once. secondary task was to watch security cameras to confirm the information. tertiary task was to communicate with the security on the ground floor level of the building the information we saw..... very boring...... im sitting here watching all this amazingly entertaining bs, bored out of my mind. then theres a man and a dog who start triggering the sensor that thinks a person has walked through the door, over and over and over again. it turns out the man and his dog were waiting for his kid so the dog was pacing back and forth. this kid gets to the door, the dog is really excited and ends up tackling the kid in the door, triggering the sensor yet again.  so my co-worker at the time ends up radioing in to the floor security that theres "a pack of wild dogs who subverted our security system and are robbing kids for their candy again".