HOSTING
TOOLS

Locked security mac filter hacking ??

Big Data

Question

hi all 

we know all about  mac filter and how is it security user in network 

and hacker can hack this security method by changing or spoof mac filter

The question here is how to protect  network even hacker bypass mac filter ???

Edited by cccc

hace 2 horas, cccc dijo:

the network\\

i mean i have a small network with 5 computer one of this five is the server 

and all connected to same network on a workgroup and the Dhcp is on / wifi is off

now to connect to my network you need to plug in wired this wired manged by ip & mac filter

now to more security to my network i activate filter list with mac filter 

hacker can plug in wired and spoof mac filter to access my network and start scan it to pentest 

my question is how can i protect network against mac spoofing ?? 

go it 

You don't prevent MAC spoofing, since it's entirely client-side. This is the reason that no one that really cares about security is using MAC whitelisting or blacklisting.

If you care about controlling what devices connect to your network, you should be using 802.1x with device certificates issued by your own internal CA that you control, or with some form on NAC like Cisco ISE or Microsoft NAP.

This is the hidden content, please

48 minutes ago, dEEpEst said:

the network? With the network do you mean a private network of computers connected to each other? , or are you referring to the entire internet network?

the network\\

i mean i have a small network with 5 computer one of this five is the server 

and all connected to same network on a workgroup and the Dhcp is on / wifi is off

now to connect to my network you need to plug in wired this wired manged by ip & mac filter

now to more security to my network i activate filter list with mac filter 

hacker can plug in wired and spoof mac filter to access my network and start scan it to pentest 

my question is how can i protect network against mac spoofing ?? 

go it 

2 hours ago, dEEpEst said:

You don't prevent MAC spoofing, since it's entirely client-side. This is the reason that no one that really cares about security is using MAC whitelisting or blacklisting.

If you care about controlling what devices connect to your network, you should be using 802.1x with device certificates issued by your own internal CA that you control, or with some form on NAC like Cisco ISE or Microsoft NAP.

This is the hidden content, please

i already read this notes you add when i call 

6 hours ago, cccc said:

i read some notes there is no solutio

but I want to make sure there is no solution to this

will read about Cisco ISE or Microsoft NAP.

thank you for caring

hace 17 minutos, cccc dijo:

i already read this notes you add when i call 

but I want to make sure there is no solution to this

will read about Cisco ISE or Microsoft NAP.

thank you for caring

You have to keep in mind that no system is impractical,

our obligation is to protect our systems as best we can from unethical hackers or hackers with bad intentions.

At the beginning when you told me about your problem, I thought about a simple username and password, but thinking about it better and reading about it, I think the best way to protect your company's internal network is through 802.1.x certificates.