You’ll learn about Architecture and Design
    You’ll learn about the Implementation
    You’ll learn about Operations and Incident Response
    You’ll learn about Governance, Risk, and Compliance

Requirements

Basic know-how of Computers
    Willingness to learn Cyber Security Concepts

Description

This course covers the Core Cyber Security Concepts one must know to get into the field of Cyber Security, I produced this course as I was preparing for CompTIA Security+ Exam. However even if you aren’t preparing for the exam, you’ll find this useful to gain a concrete understanding of CS concepts.

The following serves as a course description, discussing what each section comprises.

In Section One: We’ll learn about Attacks, Threats & Vulnerabilities. We’ll learn about Information Security Roles & Responsibilities, Security controls & frameworks, Types of threat actors & attack vectors, commands used in assessing network layout & Security, Vulnerability Scanning techniques & CVE Score, Social Engineering attacks, and Malwares.

In Section Two: We will learn about Penetration Testing Concepts. We will learn what penetration testing is in the first place. why conduct it? different types of penetration testing? and Rules of Engagement (RoE Document).

In types of penetration testing, we’ll learn about the Application penetration test, Network penetration test, Physical penetration test, and IoT/Mobile penetration test. We will also learn about the scope of penetration testing – Black box testing, White box testing & Gray box testing in the Rules of Engagement

Core Cyber Security Concepts

In Section Three: We will learn about Architecture & Design. We’ll learn about Encryption,  types & uses of Encryption, Cryptography, Types & uses of Cryptography, Digital Signatures & Certificates, Public Key Infrastructure, and Secure Authentication Concepts.

In Section Four: We will learn about Implementation concepts. We’ll learn about wireless networks & wireless security controls, Cloud Technologies, Security Testing & BYOD policy.

In Section Five:  We will learn about Operations, Incident Response & Digital Forensics

Lastly, In Section Six: We will learn about Information Security Governance, Information Security Programs, and Risk Management

Please feel free to write a review and I will do my best to constantly improve the content quality.  I thank you for your co-operation & patience. I sincerely hope that you’ll find this course useful. Happy learning.

Disclaimer: This is not an official course,  I am not a certified CompTIA+ instructor. I am merely a student explaining what I’ve learned to make the learning process simpler and easier to comprehend. I studied from multiple sources and I hand-picked the simplest explanations & made my examples to simplify hard-to-understand topics, to make your learning process relatively easier.

This course is only intended to document my learning process and I hope that by sharing my learning experience, the sources/material I studied from & explanations, it will help fellow students better understand the topics. You will also gain access to the downloadable slides for reference’s sake. I hope you find this course insightful.

I mentioned the sources to the best of my ability & I thank them for sharing their knowledge, however in case of any copyright issues or content removal, kindly contact me on my social media accounts.

Who this course is for:

This course is for individuals who are preparing for CompTIA Security+ SY0-601.
    This course is for individuals who are willing to learn advanced Cyber Security concepts
    This course is for individuals who want to learn about effective Cyber Security Practices

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please