YOUR-AD-HERE
HOSTING
TOOLS

Locked Recaf v2.0 - A modern Java bytecode editor

itsMe

This is the hidden content, please

Recaf

Recaf is an open-source Java bytecode editor based on Objectweb’s ASM. ASM is a library that abstracts away the constant pool and class-file attributes. Since keeping track of the constant pool or managing proper stack frames are no longer necessary, complex changes can be made with relative ease. With additional features to assist in the process of editing Recaf is the most feature-rich free bytecode editor available.

Changelog v2.0

This has been a long time coming, but the redesign branch for version 2.0.0 has finally been merged into master. What does this mean? For the past year me and other contributors have re-made Recaf from the ground up and made it into something that is much more user-friendly. When you have the time please come check the project on GitHub and look over the new documentation. There is a lot that has changed.

With this in mind, this release is not the full package of what I intended 2.0.0 to be... however with the standard I wanted to strive for that day may still be a year or so in the future. But as it is right now, I feel that 2.0.0 is better in almost every possible way than the latest release of 1.15, and making a better tool was the whole point. Now here we are.

Please do not hesitate to give feedback on this release. We have a discord server and you can always create an issue on Github. I hope you enjoy this update as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

If you want to stay on 1.15 you can change the update frequency in the config menu to "Never".

This is the hidden content, please